The process begins after finding the correct base and a form is made, which is then coated, filled and sanded over a period of over 90 days. First, 10-12 layers of natural lacquer are applied. During this stage each layer is polished using water. In the final stage of this process 5 to 10 layers of colors are added. The very last layer of color is polished with a very fine coal powder to make the lacquer shiny.
Genuine lacquer has existed in the Far East for thousands of years. It is a living material whose value and beauty increase with time. Wetter Indochine brings to you traditional lacquer in its pureness combined with the innovation of a western feeling.
Lacquerware is a very unique substance. With the proper care, your lacquer will give you much enjoyment for many years to come. The following tips will help to keep your lacquer product looking its best at all times.
- To clean, please use lukewarm water, mild soap and a soft sponge.
- Products are not recommended for use in the dishwasher.
- Products are not suitable for high temperatures.
- All of our lacquerware products are water resistant. However, due to the fact that they are handmade, we recommend using a glass or metal container during water usage.
- To bring out more shine, polish with mild car wax (for use on shiny finish only).
- Products are not suitable for oily substances (matte finish only).
- All lacquer products are suitable for indoor and outdoor use.